5-year-old rescued from fire in Manchester, N.H. - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

5-year-old rescued from fire in Manchester

Posted: Updated:
MANCHESTER, N.H. (WHDH) - A 5-year-old boy was trapped inside a home in Manchester, N.H. that went up in flames early Sunday morning.

Officials responded to the 1-alarm fire on Laurel Street shortly before midnight where the kitchen was engulfed in flames and reports said people were trapped.

Fire officials said that the blaze was caused by someone trying to cook a meal on the stove top when oil boiled over.

Responders helped everybody safely out of the building including the young boy, who was taken to Elliot Hospital. Family members said he has returned home and is expected to make a full recovery.

"It was high heat that he was exposed to. He was healthy before. Usually when there's no burns on the body, there's no burns in the airway. We're thinking it was just smoke inhalation," said Manchester Fire Chief Jim Michael.

Fighters were able to quickly knock down the fire, preventing damage to units on the second and third floors. Investigators estimate the damage at $15,000.

  • Stay Connected

  • Like Us on Facebook
  • Follow Us on Twitter
Powered by WorldNow

WHDH TV 7NBC WLVI TV CW56
Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.