Court document: Boy sent to basement without food - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

Court document: Boy sent to basement without food

Posted: Updated:
DETROIT (AP) - A court record obtained by a newspaper says a 12-year-old Detroit boy who was missing for more than a week before he was discovered in his own basement told investigators his stepmother sent him there.

The petition filed Friday in Wayne County juvenile court by Children's Protective Services was obtained by the Detroit Free Press.

According to the newspaper, the document says Charlie Bothuell V was placed in the basement behind boxes and totes by his stepmother, Monique Dillard-Bothuell, and told "not to come out, no matter what he hears."

Charlie was found Wednesday in the bowels of the multiple-unit condo building where he lived with Dillard-Bothuell and his father, Charlie Bothuell IV.

  • U.S. & World NewsMore>>

  • Video purports to show beheading of US journalist

    Video purports to show beheading of US journalist

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:55:56 GMT
    The World Food Program says it provided food to a record 4.1 million people inside Syria last month.[more]
    Islamic State extremists released a video posted Tuesday showing the beheading of a second American journalist, Steven Sotloff, and warning President Barack Obama that as long as U.S. airstrikes against the militant group...[more]
  • School starts in Chicago with more safety guards

    School starts in Chicago with more safety guards

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:53 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:53:03 GMT
    Chicago children will walk past even more guards on their first day of school than last year, when concerns about safety prompted the city to line the streets with 1,200 adults every day.[more]
    School opened in Chicago on Tuesday, with children and parents making their way past security guards whose bright neon vests served as a reminder of the city's efforts to protect students from the violence that plagues...[more]
  • US family grieving over new beheading video

    US family grieving over new beheading video

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 2:52 PM EDT2014-09-02 18:52:52 GMT
    A family spokesman says relatives of freelance journalist Steven Sotloff are aware of a new video purporting to show his beheading by Islamic State militants.[more]
    A family spokesman says relatives of freelance journalist Steven Sotloff are aware of a new video purporting to show his beheading by Islamic State militants.[more]
  • Stay Connected

  • Like Us on Facebook
  • Follow Us on Twitter
Powered by WorldNow

WHDH TV 7NBC WLVI TV CW56
Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.