Suspect to be arraigned after police standoff in N.H. - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

Suspect to be arraigned after police standoff in N.H.

Posted: Updated:
KENSINGTON, N.H. (WHDH) - Police officials in Kensington, N.H. said they took a man into custody after a police-involved shooting.

Anthony Reardon, 44, was arrested just before 9 p.m. Tuesday inside his home after police spent several hours searching for him.

The incident started as a well-being check on Reardon around 4:30 p.m. but quickly escalated.

The Kensington Chief of Police said rounds were exchanged with Reardon, although it was still unclear who fired the rounds and what prompted the action.

Reardon also allegedly tried to steal a Kensington police cruiser but crashed and was unable to get away from the scene.

“The only vehicle that we believe he was actually able to take or take control of was the Kensington cruiser. Although he did smash that up he was unable to escape,” N.H. State Police Maj. Dave Parenteau said.

Police believe Reardon is ex-military and owned the firearms he was carrying at the time of the incident. They spent several hours searching the area near his home and eventually sent a K9 unit inside with a camera attached.

“He did not appear to be armed within the residence and a tactical decision was made to enter the home and we subsequently did that and we were able to take him into custody without incident,” Parenteau said.

Reardon was taken to a hospital for an evaluation and is currently under police observation.

Stay with @7News on Twitter and for the latest information as it becomes available.

  • Stay Connected

  • Like Us on Facebook
  • Follow Us on Twitter
Powered by WorldNow

Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.