Victims' families remain quiet as Hernandez pleads not guilty - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

Victims' families remain quiet as Hernandez pleads not guilty

Posted: Updated:
BOSTON (WHDH) - The families of the two men allegedly killed by Aaron Hernandez packed the courtroom Wednesday as the former NFL player pleaded not guilty to murder charges.

William Kennedy represents the families of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, he spoke after court.

“I think that they were all pretty upset about just reliving this again,” he said.

The families filed a civil suit against Hernandez for the deaths of their sons several months ago, and when he was charged in a criminal suit earlier this month they said they were beginning to get closure.

Family members cried as Hernandez was lead into the courtroom, and even though the trial may still be two years away they said they will be there at every step.
  • Stay Connected

  • Like Us on Facebook
  • Follow Us on Twitter
Powered by WorldNow

WHDH TV 7NBC WLVI TV CW56
Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.