Kids in Miami electrically shocked in pool - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

Kids in Miami electrically shocked in pool

Posted: Updated:
MIAMI (WSVN) - What started as a typical Sunday swim with kids enjoying the water became electrically charged.

It was fun in the sun at an apartment complex just north of Miami last month, until the pool became electrically charged.

One girl touched the handrail then suddenly froze after feeling the jolt. A man was shocked as he pulled her out of the water. Another girl appeared paralyzed as people ran to safety.

Diego Cabrera said his sister was blue. The video showed her grandfather coming to her rescue, yanking her from the water and getting shocked in the process.

Diego, 10, said he felt it, too, and spent several days in the hospital.

"I was in the pool and then the metal, the metal railing, I was swimming close to it and then I felt a shock," he said.

A preliminary investigation points to unconnected ground wires in the pool pump house. The pool passed a 40-year inspection last year. It also passed two health department inspections, both with requirements that the pool be up to electrical code.

The pool is still closed.
  • Stay Connected

  • Like Us on Facebook
  • Follow Us on Twitter
Powered by WorldNow

WHDH TV 7NBC WLVI TV CW56
Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.