5 hospitalized after Kingston carbon monoxide leak - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

5 hospitalized after Kingston carbon monoxide leak

Posted: Updated:
KINGSTON, Mass. (WHDH) - Members of a family were taken to area hospitals after a carbon monoxide leak at a home in Kingston Thursday morning.

Officials responded to the scene on Bavarian Way at around 6:41 a.m. after a call came from inside the house saying a teen was unconscious.

Four people, including the 38-year-old mother and three children ages 19, 11 and 7 were transported to South Shore Hospital. Another victim, a 19-year-old girl, was medflighted to Mass. General Hospital.

Two puppies and several other pets were taken out of the home and are fine.

Officials believe the leak was caused by a generator that was running in the house because the family did not have electricity. The home didn't have working carbon monoxide or smoke detectors. The garage door was closed, causing exhaust fumes to go throughout the house.

"Some time overnight, while they were running the generator, someone closed the garage door. Which is where we get the high readings," said Kingston Fire Chief Robert Heath.

NStar had apparently cut electricity to the house on Wednesday.

The incident is still under investigation.

  • Stay Connected

  • Like Us on Facebook
  • Follow Us on Twitter
Powered by WorldNow

WHDH TV 7NBC WLVI TV CW56
Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.