Cabbie drives away with carjacking holding on - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

Cabbie drives away with carjacking holding on

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (WHDH) - A wild ride on a New York expressway. Video shows a man clinging to the side of a taxi cab as it speeds town the highway in the Bronx.

The 26-year-old man holding on for dear life was allegedly trying to carjack the cab driver.

Instead of getting out of the car, the driver sped off hitting speeds of up to 70 miles per hour. Another driver on the same stretch of highway capturing this dramatic ordeal on video.

The cab slowed down and the suspect was able to jump off after an eight-minute ride but get this, he then carjacked someone else.

Police arrested the man after he crashed the stolen car.

Now the suspect did get one more ride. That was in the back of a cop car straight to jail. He was set to be in court Tuesday where he is facing quite a few charges.
  • U.S. & World NewsMore>>

  • 32 teens escape from Nashville detention center

    32 teens escape from Nashville detention center

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:01 AM EDT2014-09-02 14:01:35 GMT
    A spokesman says more than 30 teens escaped from a Nashville youth detention center and 17 are still being sought.[more]
    Thirty-two teens escaped from a Nashville youth detention center by crawling under a weak spot in a fence late Monday, and 10 of them were still on the run Tuesday, a spokesman said.[more]
  • School starts in Chicago with more safety guards

    School starts in Chicago with more safety guards

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 9:32 AM EDT2014-09-02 13:32:09 GMT
    Chicago children will walk past even more guards on their first day of school than last year, when concerns about safety prompted the city to line the streets with 1,200 adults every day.[more]
    Chicago children returned to school Tuesday walking past even more guards than last year, when concerns about safety prompted the city to line the streets with 1,200 adults every day.[more]
  • UK deputy leader criticizes tumor-boy case

    UK deputy leader criticizes tumor-boy case

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 9:32 AM EDT2014-09-02 13:32:03 GMT
    U.K. Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg says it is inappropriate to throw the full weight of the law at a family who spirited their ill 5-year-old child out of the country in order for him to receive a revolutionary...[more]
    U.K. Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said Tuesday it was inappropriate to throw the full weight of the law at a couple who took their ill 5-year-old child to Spain in hope of getting a revolutionary type of radiation...[more]
  • Stay Connected

  • Like Us on Facebook
  • Follow Us on Twitter
Powered by WorldNow

WHDH TV 7NBC WLVI TV CW56
Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.