Fire rips through home in Dorchester - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

Fire rips through home in Dorchester

Posted: Updated:
DORCHESTER, Mass. (WHDH) - Sky7 HD was over the scene of a fire in Dorchester Thursday.

The fire ripped through a two family home.

Fire crews said it started when someone tossed a cigarette under a deck.

The fire department tweeted out pictures of crews working to get things under control.

Twelve people who lived inside are receiving help from the American Red Cross.

One firefighter was burned and taken to the hospital to get checked out.

Powered by WorldNow

Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.