Yarmouth dispatcher helps save choking baby - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

Yarmouth dispatcher helps save choking baby

Posted: Updated:
It was a scary moment for Emily Pazakis when her 3-month-old nephew Giovanni started choking on his food.

“He’d eaten too fast and too much and then I realized he’s not breathing,” Pazakis said.

She immediately called 911 with the baby’s grandmother, Connie Paul, in the background.

“I was in the background yelling are they coming, are they hear yet. I was a mess, he’s my grandson, my first,” Paul said.

Yarmouth Fire dispatcher Rachelle Jessop answered the call and walked Pazakis through infant CPR.

“She was very calm and talked us through it and I think she kept us calm,” Pazakis said.

Jessop was able to react under the pressure and help them save the Giovanni’s life.

“I’m one of those people that does better so if I don’t have time to think I don’t have time to mess up,” Jessop said.

4 minutes and 12 seconds later an ambulance arrived and by the time EMTs got inside Giovanni was breathing.

“People get excited, you need to be in charge and she’s very good at that,” Yarmouth Deputy Fire Chief Jon Sawyer said.

After the situation was over grandma brought Giovanni in to meet the woman who helped save his life.
  • Stay Connected

  • Like Us on Facebook
  • Follow Us on Twitter
Powered by WorldNow

Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.