Cell phone catches fire, burns middle school student - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

Cell phone catches fire, burns middle school student

Posted: Updated:
KENNEBUNK, Maine (WHDH) – -  An eight grader from Maine is recovering after her cell phone caught on fire during class.

School officials say teachers helped the student extinguish the flames after she went through the stop drop and roll process.

The girl later tweeted out pictures of the damaged phone, her damaged pants and the burns on her legs saying "I don't think my phone likes me."

She was treated for second-degree burns on both legs and released from the hospital. She is expected to be in class again on Monday.
Powered by WorldNow

Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.