Hull man severely burned in fire at home - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

Hull man severely burned in fire at home

Posted: Updated:
A man is in the hospital after trying to put out a fire in his Hull home early Sunday morning.

Fire crews worked to put out the two-alarm blaze just after midnight.

Robert Simon, 63, said that the fire was started by a space heater.

The fire quickly spread and when he realized he couldn't put it out he ran out the door, down the stairs and across the yard before collapsing on the ground.

Neighbors could see the fire from their home and ran out to help.

“I just started patting him fast trying to extinguish the flames. They were all on his neck. His clothing on fire and some clothing burned to his body,” said Steve Tedeschi who, along with his wife Lisa, called 911.

Simon had to be transported by medflight to a hospital in Boston with severe burns. Officials said that he had third-degree burns on over 35 percent of his body, but is expected to be okay.

Powered by WorldNow

WHDH TV 7NBC WLVI TV CW56
Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.