PAWTUCKET, R.I. (AP) -- Investigators still have not determined the cause of an explosion and fire that tore apart a three-family house in Pawtucket.
A man received third-degree burns and a baby received second-degree burns when the three-story house exploded Tuesday morning.
The Pawtucket Times reports the building had recently been renovated and tenants moved in to all three floors. City officials say a mechanical permit was issued Sept. 30 to install a new natural gas heating system, but it's not known if the three new boilers were ever installed or turned on.
Fire Chief William Sisson says National Grid was in the area and found no gas leaks.
The remains of the building were torn down on Wednesday.
WHDH TV 7NBC WLVI TV CW56
News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS