Conn. to end fight of release of Newtown 911 calls - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

Conn. to end fight of release of Newtown 911 calls

Posted: Updated:

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) -- A Connecticut prosecutor says he will not appeal a judge's order to release 911 recordings from last year's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky III led the investigation into the Dec. 14 shooting that killed 20 children and six women.

He said Monday that the decision was made in consultation with others including an attorney for the town of Newtown.

A Superior Court judge ruled last week that Sedensky did not demonstrate why the calls should be exempt from public information laws in a case brought by The Associated Press.

Newtown officials announced earlier Monday that the tapes will be made public Wednesday.

The AP will review the content and determine what, if any, of it would meet the news cooperative's standards for publication.

Powered by WorldNow

WHDH TV 7NBC WLVI TV CW56
Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

News Tips: (800) 280-TIPS
Tell Hank: (855) 247-HANK
Corporate Media Services: (800) 642-1551

Can't find something?
Connect with us here:
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WHDH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.